Department: Medical Affairs
Job Title: Medical Science Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will perform a key role in the life cycle management of Ravicti through strategic alignment and execution of activities related to investigator and expert outreach, investigator sponsored trials, company sponsored non-registration trials, and publication planning.. As part of the execution of Hyperion Therapeutics strategy, he/she will work closely with the leadership of Hyperion Therapeutics Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Commercial and Product Management functions. This position will report to the Director of Medical Affairs. This is a field-based position.
- Establish professional relationship with thought leaders, academic institutions and managed care communities.
- Present critical medical and scientific information to the external entities.
- Identify unmet medical, educational, and research needs within the medical community, and make an intelligent interpretation of key relevant scientific data and translate this information to meet educational and research needs.
- Provide timely information on emerging clinical/scientific trends and liaise with internal leaders to share feedback and issues from UCD experts.
- Ensure delivery of high quality education of new and future product introductions to facilitate optimal patient care.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in assessing education/research needs and develop education/research strategies to meet those needs.
- Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company trials.
- Serve as a liaison for the review, submission, execution, completion of IIS (Investigator Initiated Studies) proposals and facilitate the initiation of research projects.
- Represent Hyperion Therapeutics at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions, and in interactions with thought leaders.
- Maintain knowledge of UCD market place, stay current on leading edge products development efforts.
- M.D.; Pharm D; PhD in in biological sciences science.
- At least 3 years of experience as field MSL with excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
- Understanding of the FDA, Pharma Code and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong personal initiative, and function well as part of a cross functional team.
- Experience in inborn errors of metabolism, orphan disease or genetic diseases is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Principals only please.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 12011-HYP in the subject line of your resume.